In this course, you will learn all the fundamentals of working with fur felt hoods. Whether you're an experienced milliner or a newbie looking to build up your skills, you're sure to pick up some great new skills and techniques in this course.
for lifetime access
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
All About Felt - What You Need (619 KB)
TECHNIQUES YOU'LL LEARN
- Blocking a traditional cloche
- Free-shaping a capeline with small blocked base
- Free-shaping a button hat
- ... and a range of felt and ribbon samples for your millinery folio!
- Three ways to attach wires to felt edges
- Steaming and blocking with felt
- Joining a brim to a base
- Free-shaping a brim to a blocked crown
- Felt cutting techniques
- Creating self-rolled edges
- Attaching a lace head fitting
- Using foldover ribbon to create velvet edges
- Using felt offcuts for embellishment
- Shaping wired ombre ribbon for embellishments.